Friday, August 28, 2009

I completely forgot about this entry because of the dog incident.

Frost bought a mamey-flavored popsicle the other day. He doesn't know what mamey is but he still bought it. As I've said before, my brother likes trying out new food or new flavors of food. If I was the one who bought the ice pop, I probably would have gotten the watermelon flavor or some other familiar flavors.

Anyway, back to the mamey-flavored popsicle. Based on the picture on the wrapper, mamey looks like the chico fruit. According to Wikipedia (lol, I researched): "The mamey sapote (Pouteria sapota) is a species of tree that is native to southern Mexico" and that "the fruit is eaten raw out of hand or made into milkshakes, smoothies, ice cream, and fruit bars."

So it seems like mamey is a popular fruit and a popular dessert flavor in Latin countries. I can understand, because the ice pop I tasted was really delicious! It almost tasted like melon, and the texture was different, though I'm not sure if it's because of the fruit or how they made the ice cream.

Now I'm wondering how the fruit itself tastes like.