Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My mom bought a DVD of Michael Jackson's concert in Bucharest. It was for his Dangerous Tour. She said this concert was being shown on TVs in Fry's, and she was amazed at how good he was and she wanted to watch the whole concert so she immediately bought the DVD. Haha!

We just finished watching it and all we can say was wow! He's really really good!

Michael Jackson was truly a talented performer. His voice was amazing, and his dance moves were just stunning. His dance moves would just leave you speechless. When I saw him do his moonwalk, I told my sister that how he did it was so different from his impersonators. He did it so smoothly and gracefully. I think no other person could do it like Michael.

There were a lot of people in the concert, probably around 100,000. There were people who fainted so they had to be pulled out of the crowd, and a lot of the fans were crying. After seeing the moonwalk, I told my mom that I may have probably cried too if I saw him do it live. Lol!

My favorite part was when he sang one of my favorite songs, Heal the World. A lot of people were crying during that part. I may have cried too if I was there. I love that song because the message, the lyrics, the melody, and MJ's voice were all perfect. I just wish he sang this song live in the concert, since this is not really a fast song. It seemed like he was lip-syncing in some songs, which was understandable because he had to dance. But there were also fast songs he sang live.

This concert took place in 1992. You'd think it wasn't that hi-tech during that time, but I was amazed that a part of the concert stage can be lifted. I noticed one difference between concerts in the 90s and concerts now. In concerts today, all you could see if you looked at the crowd would be their cameras and cellphones. In that concert, you would not see a single cellphone screen (of course, since the cellphones before didn't have cameras yet) or even a camera. All they raised were their hands or their lighters.

I want to experience that kind of concert, with thousands of people (although it can be scary, I think) in a stadium, and a performer so good he/she will make you cry.

I wish I had the chance to watch Michael Jackson (may he rest in peace) live in concert.